Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Vocabulary #3

1. Accomplice: a person who helps another in committing a crime. Ex-My accomplice and I robbed a bank and we got caught..We go to trial monday. (totally not real) 
2. annihilate: to destroy the collective existence or main body. Ex- The heavy bombing almost annihilated the army 
3. arbitrary: having unlimited power; uncontrolled or unrestricted by law; despotic; tyrannical. Ex- The government is sickly arbitrary of its people.
4. brazen: shameless or impudent. Ex- Brazen actions usually result in big consequences.
5. catalyst: a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, orenergetic. Ex- When I go to social events, I'm the catalyst of the event.
6. exodus: a going out; a departure or emigration, usually of a large number of people. Ex- The exodus during the summer is always the beach and lake.
7. facilitate:to make easier or less difficult. Ex- Careful planning on any project facilitates the whole projects.
8. incorrigible: firmly fixed; not easily changed. Ex- Biting my fingernails is a incorrigible habit.
9.  latent: present but not visible, apparent, or actualized. Ex- I have latent superpowers.
10. militant: vigorously active and aggressive, especially in support of a cause. Ex- The military produces many young men & women who are militant for protecting America.
11. morose: gloomily or sullenly ill-humored, as a person or mood. Ex- The strict teacher expressed her morose feelings to the "Kick Me" note on her back.
12.  opaque: dull, stupid, or unintelligent. Ex- Our rights are taken from us every day yet people are clueless and opaque to the matter.
13. paramount: a supreme ruler; overlord. Ex- I am the paramount of the universe.
14. prattle: to talk in a foolish or simple-minded way; chatter; babble. Ex- The prattle  of young babies make me laugh.
15. rebut: to oppose by contrary proof. Ex- I used the pictures of the thief stealing stuff to rebut to him lying to police.
16. reprimand: I don't understand this one..
17. servitude: slavery or bondage of any kind. Ex- My step-mom grounds me just so I can be of servitude to her.
18. slapdash: hasty and careless. Ex- The assemblers of this broken motor probably used their slapdash skills.
19. stagnant: inactive, sluggish, or dull. Ex- Obese kids are stagnant.
20. succumb: to give way to superior forceyield. Ex- To succumb when surrounded by enemies

No comments:

Post a Comment