Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The choice (prompt)

The decisions and choices made every day by every person in the world can change their lives for the better or for the worse in the long run or for the short sprint. The choice I made may have either ruined my life or has given me a gift. I have to choose between the life and death of a child not yet born. A child that has come into the world by accident, by a foolish boy that never took the advice that was being preached before him by his father ( who had to endure the same thing at my age). Choices have to be made by both partners in the relationship; the fate of this unborn child lies in the hands of two young adults that are still in high school. She can do whatever she pleases; I have no say because I'm not the one who has to endure the pain. I only have the choice to either man up and accept the challenge or run away and try to pretend like it never happened. I personally don't want to be immature like my parents, I want this child to be happy and healthy. The only way a child can be happy is if the child has TWO supporting parents that love each other and will do anything to achieve happiness in their lives. I still want to be young, wild and free but I don't think that's possible now. I have a family in the making that needs my attention. Abortion is wrong; if you're going to take the risk then you must be willing to except the results of risk. How can you prevent a child from blooming into the world? I think its unfair and that's why my choice is to man up and accept the challenge.

*This is fiction. My thoughts on abortion and teen pregnancy*

No comments:

Post a Comment