Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on week ONE

The participation level in this class is a little more higher with the blog and Internet access. Not to make my life sound horrible but, I live in a house with scrappy and slow internet which is a hassle because sometimes it won't let me connect to the wifi or it won't let me download the documents. All these problems make me mad but what can do? It just take a few extra minutes. My best learning experience was when I was 12years old and my mom had bought me my first dirtbike. It was literally the best and worst day of my life. The best because now I can ride any where I want because I lived out in no mans land when I lived on Maui, which made this perfect transportation. The worst because prior to this I've never rode one of these by myself and my experience level was well below beginner. My moms boyfriend gave me a quick what to do and what not to do lesson and I hopped on the bike and already felt unstoppable.I pinned the throttle back, got into third gear, saw a mud puddle and thought it'd be cool to go through it, but little did I know that this was gonna ruin my day. I slid out and lost control of the bike and then found myself covered head to toe in mud. This event taught me not to do things blindfolded, doing something you have no knowledge and skills to do is very painful and embarrassing, so please take steps in learning processes. This class will teach me things I have yet to know about. Do I know what these things will be? Absolutely not because I haven't firmly grasped the meaning of this class besides that we are socially active and that our teacher does his teaching in a new way that I have yet to comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment